Welcome to my world and beyond...

A collection of snippets of the books I write and, occasionally, my life and the things that inspire my writing...

Monday, July 21, 2014

Meet My Character Blog Tour



MEET MY CHARACTER BLOG TOUR

I owe many thanks to fabulous writer Monica Enderle Pierce for including me in this fun blogtour. I’ll post Monica’s Bio—the one she shared with me that looks professional and serious. But first, let me say a few words about her that come straight from my heart. She’s an awesome human being.  Intelligent, interesting, pulls no punches, and she’s fun. When you visit her blog,  email, or message her, you’ll get a dose of “sweet cheeks” and “hon”-- Monica has a big heart, but she is one feisty lady. And that brings me to what I really want you readers to know. She knows "feisty", and she puts that to good use; she writes feisty characters. There are no wimps or shrinking violets in her books. Her heroines are tough. They are survivors. I’ve read both of her published books. I gave both five stars. And I eagerly await the next installment of each. Now…for the (somewhat) boring, polished bio:


Monica Enderle Pierce is an indie author of fantasy and science fiction for adults. She has two books in publication: Girl Under Glass was an ABNA semi-finalist and an Amazon bestseller. Famine, a historical, noirish supernatural thriller, is her newest release.

                                                          Twitter: @MonicaEPierce

Book links:

Onward  with what this blog tour is all about. I get to highlight a character from a recently published book, or from a WIP (work in progress-- writer lingo). And since I don't have anything published yet, I'm going to share the main character from the first book I wrote. 

Here goes...


1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?  Her name is Marissa Kradel, and she is purely fictional. She's the first fictional voice that ever talked to me.

2) When and where is the story set? The story has two concurrent story-lines, one in present day Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and one approximately two years earlier beneath a very alien night sky in a kingdom called Rialt.

3) What should we know about him/her? She went missing for two years, at the end of which she was found in the desert near Phoenix after having just given birth. No baby. No memories of where she was for two years. She has another child with an abusive (estranged) husband who won’t allow her to see her son. She’s homeless and penniless at the beginning of the story.

4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? She’s convinced that her dreams are actually the memories of where she was for those missing two years. Convinced to the point of delusion. And the dreams keep telling her a story that she was on the other side of the galaxy living a life far different than her life here on Earth. She’s been treated by doctors, did a stint in a psychiatric ward.

5) What is the personal goal of the character?  To be reunited with both of her children. To finish her run of dreams and see if the answers are at the end of them, or to
accept that her dreams are just dreams. To not be “crazy”. 
 
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?  Across the Night Sky. I occasionally post snippets of it on my Sunday morning posts for Weekend Writing Warriors

7) When can we expect the book to be published? Spring, 2015 good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise...or something like that.

Now to introduce the authors who’ve graciously accepted my invitation to join the fun.  All talented writers. All wonderful human beings. Visit them next week to meet their characters.

Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband, three fascinating children, and houseful of demanding pets.
Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena of falling in love. Visit her here: www.kmnbooks.com/







Elaine Cantrell –in her own words: I've been married to the same wonderful man since 1973. We've been blessed with two great sons and three wonderful grandchildren. We live in a small town with our families nearby and count ourselves fortunate to do so. Elaine writes Sweet Romance, Fantasy, and Mystery. Visit her here: http://www.elainepcantrell.blogspot.com/


Sarah Wesson, the Queen of Hearts, is a mommy, a reader, a spouse, a librarian…and she’s a writer. Biographer of notable local dead people (not your local, her local), re-hasher of  history, keeper of half-written shipwrecks, completer of three drawer novels, and currently querying Pigeons, and WIPping up a couple of new projects. I have to add--she has this great sense of humor that comes through in her writing. Visit her here: wessonblog.wordpress.com/








Charmaine Gordon writes Mature Romance featuring sexy seniors. That  Mature Romance” label actually leans toward sweet romance.  Wife of an Air Force pilot, a mother, grandmother, and former actress, she pulls from a deep well of experience when writing her stories. http://authorcharmainegordon.wordpress.com/










Cindy Amrhein, or as many of us know her, “History Sleuth”, works as an assistant county historian. She puts all of that experience to good use when she sits down to write a book. She writes True Crime, and Detective/Mystery.   http://historysleuth.blogspot.com/


22 comments:

  1. Yay! Teresa, this is wonderful. I'm so excited to see a publication schedule for ATNS. And thank you for saying such lovely things about me. (Aw, shucks!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Now to live up to spring 2015.

      Thanks for including me, Monica!

      Delete
  2. I remember Marissa! I'm still completely hooked on this story, Teresa, and so glad I'll be able to read the whole thing soon!

    Thank you for the shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Sarah!

      And I'm just tickled pink that you remember Marissa! Woot--she's memorable! :-)

      Delete
  3. Mature Romance, huh. When did that happen and how come I have so much experience? Terrific start with this blog tour. Thanks for the invitation, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Mature" has a way of sneaking up on us, huh? lol. You are so welcome for the invitation, Charmaine. Thanks for accepting!

      Delete
  4. What a fun blog event! Marissa sounds like an tragic character. I hope she figures out where she's been for the last 2 years.

    I wish you the best in reaching your goal for publication! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a journey, for sure. ;-) Thanks for accepting the invite, Karen. ;-) Can hardly wait to read your post!

      Delete
  5. Oh, your poor character. I bet she isn't crazy at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) If it wasn't for that scifi in front of romance, I'd argue with you. lol. You may be on to something, Elaine. Thanks again for doing this!

      Delete
  6. Your story sounds great with its intriguing premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting, Lynda, and for your kind words. :-)

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a fantastic premise for a story, Teresa. Good luck with completing and publishing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ian. Oh, the complexities. The plot problems... I wrote it in 2005. Yes...9 years I've been trying to get it right. Today I read a blog post about knowing when it;s time to let a story die. Made me shudder. lol. Nah. I still love the story, and I promised my mom just before she died that I'd get it published. The last conversation we had was about that book--and she loved the story and reminded me that she was getting a copy for Christmas. I'm working on it everyday now. Especially since I publicly stated spring 2015. A 10 anniversary edition. ;-) Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Wow. Now that's a conflict. It sounds like you open with a punch, and you definitely had my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that is so good to read, Crystal! Thanks for visiting and your encouraging words. :-)

      Delete
  9. Your character sounds like she has quite the journey ahead of her! Great idea. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :-) Quite the journey. May her creator tell it well... lol. Thanks for visiting, Tanya. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant wait till the spring of 2015 to read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, lol, the pressure is on, Cindy! :-) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  12. I love this post, Teresa. I've been reading your Sunday Snippets, but this really puts it together, thanks so much fr sharing! Can't wait to read the full book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, E.E. :-) And thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete