Welcome to my world and beyond...

A collection of snippets of the books I write and, occasionally, my life and the things that inspire my writing...

Sunday, September 1, 2019

WeWriWa: Sporulators 8

Happy September! Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, where we share snips and bits of amazing tales by talented authors and writers. Each week, participants sign up HERE at wewriwa.com then post 8 to 10 sentences of their work, published or unpublished (we like it all) on their own blog to go live by 9:00 AM each Sunday. Then we visit each other and read and comment, critique, encourage--all those things that do a solitary writer's heart good.
      Snippet Sunday group from facebook, not us, but many of our participants do both, is HERE

      This week's snippet is from a short story, 'Sporulators', more dystopian/scifi, than anything I've written to date.    
     This is Klars talking to Eastwold about the world they're approaching. DESA is short for Department of Ethical and Sustainable Agriculture.

  Could be wonky punctuation to keep within the #wewriwa guidelines.



The snippet:


      
     “The sunshine was relentless.  By bringing water to the surface and planting, planting, planting, DESA created a new model for agricultural production.  True, it was dry, but we set up the best wells, pumps, and irrigation systems—all solar. Every bit of it is right here on my Thinker, the start-up files, painstakingly detailed. And the last photos Greenleyone sent gave us more excitement than a night of play for pay.
      “Plants were enormous—relative to their typical size, of course.  Atypical, officially. Probably a combination of the fungi getting enough moisture to be vigorous, then breaking down thousands of years’ worth of micronutrients.  A paradise ripe for the building.  Cornfields were forests.





 
 

This Thursday is #pitmad on Twitter. I'm pitching a WIP called Emmily, Unbound. If anyone happens to be on Twitter on that day, and sees one of my three tweets allowed, I'd be forever grateful for a retweet.  <3  

 That's it for this week. Thanks for visiting! I am truly grateful for comments, suggestions, and for you taking the time to read it.

29 comments:

  1. Your story is exciting. Every moment thrilled this reader. Thanks a bunch, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful writing, my friend! Love the 'Thinker' description. Best of luck with #pitmad! I will happily retweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plants growing out of control? It could be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh, this idea of the giant plants is making me nervous (as a reader of scifi!) - all kinds of bad things could lie ahead, and I can't wait to see what happens. Really an effective snippet! Good luck with the #pitmad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee... Yes, bad things ahead... Thanks for visiting, Jean!

      And thanks for the #pitmad wishes. <3

      Delete
  5. Giant plants could be very good or very bad. Coupled with the silence from the planet, I'm guessing bad. Great descriptions, though! I'm ready to find out what the heck happened down there! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly a double-edged sword. They are close to landing, but not until Klars gets to delude himself a little more. ;-) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. A terrific idea--plants growing so big. Will that mean the pests will grow that big, too? Love your world building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-siree. An equation. What happens to one must happen to the other. :-) Thanks for visiting, Diane. :-)

      Delete
  7. A-typical alien fungus? Nothing to worry about there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They have to make the bell curve for something, right? lol Thanks, ALexis!

      Delete
  8. With plants that big, it sounds like so many more things could go wrong. I'm so intrigued by all the snippets from this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Fungi can be nasty, even lethal. Add size and speed... look out. :-)

      Thanks, Jessica!

      Delete
  9. Very evocative excerpt - I have a bad feeling about those giant alien plants though!Beautifully descriptive snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a marvelous description of the planet. I can just see that corn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the imagery of the plants. Large vegetation makes me think there could be other large things. I'm curious to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. :-) In a scary sort of way, it is. Thanks for visiting, Kate!

      Delete
  13. Very interesting, well thought out and believable. Want to read more 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great description, made me want to find out more about this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to share my testimony on how i get cure of my HIV diseases with the help of Doctor idahosa, i have being suffering for this disease for a very long time now.i have try several means to get rid of of the HIV disease for the last three years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr idahosa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr idahosa telling him about my HIV Virus he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i am cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr idahosa on [dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com] sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends and to share this to every one that have any of this sickness you can call his whatssAp mobile via +2348134261542

    ReplyDelete