Welcome to my world and beyond...

A collection of snippets of the books I write and, occasionally, my life and the things that inspire my writing...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A to Z "Q" is for Quagmire: my quagmire is my Q post

A quagmire.  Tonight is presenting one.  My Q post for A to Z.  I would love to write a quick, quaint, post. And I'd like it best to write it in under a quarter hour. I am quite busy tonight.  My querimony (oh, I hate being a querulist) is that I have paperwork due in the A.M. because my boss quesited  results including quantitative and qualitative data for a recent round of tests. Though I am given toward quidditative behavior, I am really a quiddle when it comes to the quality of my work.  Since I can't be a quidam quicquidlibet, I will have to acquiesce to my work demands. I want to share this, before I go--an online query forum, a querent inquired of the rules of quidditch, and the quibbling soon turned to quarreling--over quidditch rules?  I quaked with laughter. Did sharing that with you make me a quidnunc?



This quinquagenarian is almost finished now, and quoadmy (work-related) quod, where my data is quoddamodotative waiting for quotiety, quotition, and  quotum. *sigh* I'd stay and play, but have to quit now.



Whew! What a quagmire...for me to have written such  quoz today.  I may as well have quacked like a duck--it would've made as much sense ;-)



I'll do better tomorrow.  :-)   Now, off to my papers I go...  quack quack...

Oh, the website for odd words?  If you love language and words, you will enjoy it!  http://phrontistery.info/index.html

10 comments:

  1. *gazes at the pretty Qs* Who knew Q could be so preeeeeeetty? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trisha...lol! Yep, who knew? thanks for visiting. :-)

      Delete
  2. I found Q easy. R is proving t be tricky however...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, rhi...I will visit in a bit to see your Q post. The differences in people... thank you for visiting, :-)

      Delete
  3. So be honest, were you giggling to yourself the entire time you wrote this out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, Jenn :-) I think I was what we call "punch-drunk" which is another way of saying "goofy-tired"! Thanks for visiting. :-)

      Delete
  4. Couldn't live without my dictionary and Thesaurus...this is going to be fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine, too! That website is pretty cool if you enjoy archaic words. :-) Thank you so much for visiting and for following, MJ :-)

      Delete
  5. I had a hard time reading and understanding the Q-words!! Lol. one of your bests!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel as though I have gotten to know the letter Q and his family now, and meeting them seems to have left me a bit dyslexic! I enjoyed it regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete