Welcome to my world and beyond...

A collection of snippets of the books I write and, occasionally, my life and the things that inspire my writing...

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Weekend Writing Warriors November 19, 2017

   It's time for snips and bits of amazing tales by talented writers! Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly bloghop. Each week, participants sign up HERE at wewriwa.com, then post 8 to 10 sentences of their work, published or unpublished, on their own blog to go live by before 9:00 AM Sunday, EST. Then we visit each other and read, comment, critique, encourage--all those things that do a solitary writer's heart good. 
             Snippet Sunday group from facebook--not us, but many of our participants do both, can be found HERE
            This week's snippet is from "The Sands of Dhor". 
Lily, abducted from Earth by alien slavers, is following Theusand. He's not a slaver.  He's Dhor'en; they communicate mind to mind. 
            They've left the section of the ship where he and his Chays (monks) are quartered, and have arrived at what she thinks might be the helm of the ship she's on. There's a crew member there--a different sort of alien. Theusand spoke with him, and it appears to have rattled her protector/captor--which is quite odd. He just informed her that they have an agreement to reach.




The excerpt:



“We have some kind of agreement to reach? What?”
“Not now, Lily. My mind is occupied.”
“I’ve never seen you like this. What has you rattled?”
“Rattled? I don’t think my behavior fits the Earth definition of ‘rattled’.”
“Seriously? What’s up all the sudden with this definition stuff”
Theusand narrowed his eyes at her. “Didn’t you want to ask me something about the man I just spoke to?”
Well, he is easily irritated. 
That's it. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.  All feedback appreciated!

12 comments:

  1. Interesting that he CAN be rattled. I was beginning to wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rattle him as much as you can, dear girl, and get out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such an interesting character, never quite what I expect from scene to scene (which is a good thing, keeps your heroine and me off balance!). Great excerpt...and I too wonder what has him 'rattled'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snippet. Love the way they speak to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! I notice that once she sees he's rattled, she keeps kind of pestering him. That's a very believable thing for a kidnapped captive to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see she can get under his skin. So much he has to shift topics. I wonder what the agreement is he mentioned then refuses to talk about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curious - and I'm glad she can influence him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is definitely rattled about something. LOL An intriguing snippet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touchy, touchy! What has his panties in a twist? Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, intriguing, can't wait to find what's rattled his cage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the tension between these two. There's the promise of fireworks in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete