Welcome to my world and beyond...

A collection of snippets of the books I write and, occasionally, my life and the things that inspire my writing...

Saturday, March 6, 2021

WeWriWa: EU66


Happy March--the month of mud (where I live). :-)

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors. If you'd like to participate or read tempting morsels from other authors, please sign up--or check the linky list at: http://wewriwa.blogspot.com/ 

Also, check out the Snippet Sunday group on facebook. 

*Note  If you tag Weekend Writing Warriors on facebook, we'll share the post on our page.  :-)

     This snippet is from Emmily, Unbound, an SFR story. Emmily is having an argument with Adren about General.  

Last week's snippet ended with: " He's quiet and his expression is thoughtful. “He is a good man. He has accepted you.”

     “Accepted me? Me?”

The Snippet:  

Adren blows off my query into just what General’s acceptance means. He’s already moved onto the next thing. “If you met his brother, you would thank the Mother of Stars it is Genrael here with you and not Zoden.”

“Zoden? How is he different from General?”

Adren rolls his eyes. “He is cruel, for starters.”

“And you don’t think General has a cruel streak?”

“No! Why do you suggest such a thing!”


Read further to finish the scene.

“Call it a hunch. I know for a fact I’ve seen a streak that, okay, maybe it wasn't cruel yet, but it sure wasn't nice. And before you say anything, he’s used it on me.”

“When? There was never a time that General was…”

Here it comes, the head cocking to the side. 

“Never a time when he was harsh with you that he did not have a valid reason.”

“Adren, we should agree to disagree.”

“No. I cannot accept that you believe he is cruel. Harsh, strict, yes, but by necessity.”

Wow. They've brainwashed this kid. He worships that man. I hate to disappoint him, but my opinion isn’t going to change. Ever. I say, “Hey, maybe we can talk about this again sometime.” 

He’s quiet, sulking perhaps? Oh well, it’s a big lesson, and I’m surprised he hasn’t already learned it. You can never force someone to agree with an opinion. Like respect, people must come to it on their own. 

 That's it for this week. Thank you so much for visiting and for reading. :-)


11 comments:

  1. Now Adren starts to have a role to play. I wonder which of them is right about Genrael. For her sake, I hope he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy - after these past few years we all know about people not changing other people's opinions. Just let it ride and let the truth decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different cultures may also have different perceptions of where lines start and stop. Neither is giving an inch. Good conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is definitely so much in play here. Their experiences are different, so that will contribute to their opinions. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harsh by necessity or cruel, not a lot of difference there, especially when you're talking about someone who's kidnapped you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these snippets make me curious to meet Genrael and learn how he interacts with Emmily

    ReplyDelete
  7. They definitely have differing opinions on this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well they're having a good discussion at least! Great snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess they're going to have to agree to disagree because I don't see either of them budging in the near future. More conflict! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hard to listen to an opinion that you don't want to hear.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can understand why they'd have different opinions about this.

    ReplyDelete