Welcome to my world and beyond...

A collection of snippets of the books I write and, occasionally, my life and the things that inspire my writing...

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Weekend Writing Warriors: Across the Night Sky 28

 

 

Welcome to a weekly post of Weekend Writing Warriors. If you'd like to check it out or give it a try, click here to go to wewriwa.blogspot.com

I'm working on edits for Emmily, Unbound--the book I've been sharing excerpts from for a long time. While I'm doing that, I'm going to share snippets from a WIP entitled Across the Night Sky. 

This is an Alien Abduction Romance.

Marissa, abducted human, 20-something, woke with no idea where she was. After running from the metal box she woke up inside, she finds an open doorway. She stepped through and discovered she wasn't alone. She's with an injured 'alien' man, Kuylerh. I'm in a new chapter. Kuylerh's rescue has arrived an once again, she's being abducted, but this time it's by his group.The man ordered to carry her is not happy about it. She tried stopping him and he's set her down.

Last week's snippet ended with: 

 The older man, the one Kylerh leaned heavily against, spoke one clipped word, and the show was over.

 ~*~

We pick up there:

She might be going nuts; her cascading thoughts proved it. The whole scene probably looked sort of funny. Funny and terrifying. No. Not really. “Not funny. Not funny, Marissa,” she admonished herself. More hysteria threatened. She stifled her own ill-timed laughter and spoke in the calmest voice she could muster. “I don’t want to be here either. I just want to go home. Please. Help me get home.” Then tears poured down her cheeks.

 Alrighty...she's stepping over the edge of sanity. That's it for this week. Thanks for visiting. Comments are deeply appreciated. 

16 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what's going through her mind. It's one tough situation she's in. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's stay strong for a long time - makes sense she'd crash. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable reaction on her part. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even the strongest people have a breaking point. Marissa may just have reached hers. Great snippet! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a tough one, but she is near the edge. :-) Thanks, Jenna!

      Delete
  5. I completely understand her reaction at this point. She stayed so strong until she sensed a bit of hope. Now, I'm curious as to how these men will react to her. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a steep acceptance curve, for sure. :-) Thanks, Jessica!

      Delete
  6. She is really under immense stress in this strange captivity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand her reaction. Sometimes it's either laugh or cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I'm glad you can relate to it. Thanks for visiting, Kate!

      Delete
  8. The poor girl has been through so much. I understand her reaction and feel so bad for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That comment makes me smile! Thanks for visiting, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete